Thursday, January 13, 2011

the painted cabinet

the painted cabinet
Size 24 x 36 Acrylic on board

This is the first time I've used this painted cabinet in one of my still life arrangements, it was a good challenge in working out how much information to leave and what to take out, since the cabinet is pretty ornate. In the end I took some liberties, but I wont bore you by listing them all... I think this will serve as my last Peonies painting for a while, time to find some more flowers.

The exposure of the photo looks a little flat, so I think I'll have to retake the image at some point, but I wanted to get this up as a blog post.

2 comments:

  1. Great work! Would love your work in my gallery!
    Kudos, another fabulous work of art, ps I am sad to here the Peonies will be going! I hope just for awhile...
    Keep Creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peonies! I'll miss them too. This is another fabulous painting!

    ReplyDelete